Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Make Believe.

When you daydream and envision yourself and your life how far off are you from the person you are and the life you are living? Some of you are pretty close. You are the type of person that has a vision and you action it as fast as you can. Nothing stands in the way of realizing your dreams. Some of you are halfway there, you are daydreaming of things and slowly inching your way to that realization. Some of you are farther away..let's be honest, that is most of us. There can only be so many Astronauts, Presidents and A- List Celebrities. So what is separating you from being there from the few that made it?

Make Believe. It is my favorite pass time. When I was younger it was so grandiose. I have an overactive imagination to say the least so my mind had no boundaries and I truly believed in it. As each year of adulthood crept over me the daydream faded a little as did my drive to chase it. Reality set in a little more. I don't feel like there is anything negative about that, that is a rite of passage to growing up. Now though, the things I daydream about are not as grandiose, they are more relative to my life now. Don't get me wrong, I still have my moments where I am wearing a tiara and pretending to be a princess in a land far away but usually I am just wearing that as I am doing dishes to make it a little more fun. 

Who were you meant to be? Are you that person, living the life you were intended to live or are you not there? What is standing in your way if you aren't quite there? Is it you, your environment, your knowledge and skills, the relationships you need to develop? Take your dream and work to have the pleasure to live in it someday. It can be all of our realities if we only recognize our dreams, the things we need to do to get there and then make it happen. It is never too late. Make. Then Believe.

Make Believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment