Thursday, June 30, 2011

All Of Us.

Stop. Take a moment to think of all of the people that make up the mosaic that is your life. Think of your family, your peers at work, think of the friends that have been in your life for the long haul that know you better than you know yourself. Now, think of the people that are sprinkled in as special acquaintances. There is a lot to be grateful for, isn't there?

I am overwhelmed this month with gratitude for the opportunity to have each and every person in my life. This month in particular I have been blessed with the chance to have all of these new and amazing people added to my mosaic. It started with a simple invitation that I said yes to and now am surrounded by this community of beautiful souls and hilarious people. Each day, I feel more and more blessed as they invite me into their life and I invite them into mine.

This is a new concept to me. I have always had a lot of acquaintances simply because I am loud and unfiltered in social situations so I tend to meet a lot of hilarious and fun  people but I went through a time the last few years where I really kept to myself outside of work. Working..going home to DVR..working..coming home to DVR. Not that my DVR isn't amazing, it truly is but it is not as gratifying or fulfilling as the blessing that is meeting new people. This seclusion really began around the time that my marriage was dissolving. Now that I am in a new and fresh chapter in my life, it was just time to put the energy out there that I was ready to surround myself in a new community.  So I simply said yes and it has brought so much love and happiness into my life.

So, take that moment. Feel the gratitude for those that make up your life. New, old, acquaintance..relationships of all kinds. All of us together is what makes this amazing community of life.

All of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment