Monday, November 28, 2011

Getting Angry Doesn't Solve Anything.

Get mad..get so mad that you can barely see straight. It is far too easy and far too natural to feel that anger flair up within you when you have been the victim of injustice. It's human and necessary. To have a martyr moment of "Why me?'s" is an important step in moving forward and growing. We all deserve that..but then, once we get our moment of wallowing in self-pity..it is up to us to take the next step forward.

If I have learned anything over the last few months, it is that people and situations are variables in your life. Sometimes the people around you make choices that will enhance your life..sometimes they make choices that will hurt you. At the end of the day, you are not a variable in your own life. You have the ability, control and power to be solid and constant for yourself.

So yes, am I human..do I feel anger for the people that have graced my life the past few months that indeed proved to be variable and not have my best interests in mind? Of course..but I can't stay in that place for long..it's never been in my nature to. So here I am..a smile on my face despite myself...for myself. Keep ever learning, ever moving, ever loving, ever trusting, ever giving..

Getting Angry Doesn't Solve Anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment