Thursday, November 17, 2011

I'm Not Afraid.

If fear is all that we should fear, then what are we so afraid of? We have all heard multiple adaptations of the old adage that there is nothing to fear but fear itself and yet nonetheless, fear is still very tangible. Very real. I am learning over the past month the true value behind crossing the threshold of fear and into new experiences despite my nervousness or apprehensions.

This past month, I have taken leaps and steps that otherwise earlier I would not have taken. When I seclude the things that have always held me back..it truly comes down to one thing. A fear of the unknown or intangible. When you are uncertain of the outcome or even do not entirely trust it, it is all too easy to say no or avoid the entire situation. So this month, I decided to look fear and uncertainty in the eye and move forward. At times, it did not work in my favor..other times, it taught me life lessons often at my own expense..and then there were moments where it truly enhanced my life.

So what are you afraid of? What holds you back to explore, learn and grow? Pain, hurt, frustration..it all can be healed. There truly is nothing to fear in fear. Look and face your fears, cross that threshold and for better or worse experience what is on the other side.

I'm Not Afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment