Friday, October 7, 2011

This Day.

Today, on my Birthday I am taking in where I am in my life, where I have been and where I am going. I can honestly say that for the first time in years, I am content. That is, I feel going to be the theme of this year. As the past year has definitely brought about change..in fact this has been quite a year..a divorce in the works, moving out, changing my entire lifestyle and relationship with food and how I relate to animals by adopting a vegan and cruelty-free lifestyle..just so much has changed and while it would be all too easy to be overwhelmed by the events and changes in my life..I am content.

That is a blessing in itself. The gift of contentment is not something I take for granted. So this year, I will ride this wave of contentment and see where it takes me. This is the year that I will love my life. This is the year where I will love myself..quirks, flaws, talents, challenges..the whole package. This is the year where I will swear off calorie counting, I will swear off pressuring myself out of accepting myself, I will swear off the fear of saying yes and letting go. This year..is about love, acceptance, contentment and finding fulfillment in the little things.

I look back in gratitude for the things I've learned, the places I've been and the people I have shared my life with. I look at today with happiness..so much so that if today were my last day on Earth I would be content and feel as if I lived a full and abundant life filled with all I could ever have dreamt of. I look to the future with hope and dreams..for all of the things that I have yet to experience, all of the people I have yet to meet and the journey that is before me.

This Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment